CURRENT DISCUSSION SHEET: 1. To Love Is To Encounter - February 2020 Love, Mission, Personal faith development God calls us each by name, and longs for us to be His hands and feet. He invites us to listen to the voice of His Spirit speaking in our hearts and be empowered to go out, carrying the Presence of Jesus â€“ sharing His love. (TO)
2. Advent 2019 - December 2019 Justice & Peace, Hope; faith; joy, Season of Creation Advent reminds us that Jesus entered the earth as a helpless unborn and promised to return in glory. (TO)
3. Push Re-set On Your Day - November 2019 Christian life, Fullness of Life, Refreshment for the body, mind and soul. What are we lacking at the moment or need to push a re-set button on? When life becomes complex and cluttered, it is good have practical re-sets to help us become more open to God and to one another. (TO)
4. Lay Marists Bridge Divides With Joy - October 2019 Global family, Identity, Hope, Faith, Joy Penelope's sharing on her attendance at a Marist Laity conference in Ireland, encourages and inspires, as we hear how her Marist identity and belonging enhanced her experience. And although there may be uncertainty and/or a period of upheaval in the church, there is also great hope. (TO)
5. Are NZ Rural Parishes the New Bugey? - September 2019 Mission, Christian Life; Virtues; Community; Feeding the hungry As parishes in rural NZ, particularly Southland, face key issues, e.g. a reduction in numbers of active parishioners, Chris Shaw reflects on whether now is the time for a renewed Marist Mission to renew faith and worship in these areas - the Bugey of Aotearoa.
6. Jean Vanier - Arms Wide Open - August 2019 Community, Virtues, Feeding the hungry Jean Vanier - founder of the L'Arche communities, was a spiritual giant who longed to help people know and live with Jesus. This month we read how he did this - through encounters with the poorest and weakest in society, particularly those with mental illness. (TO)
7. A Taste of Lectio Divina - Bible Month - July 2019 The Bible, Holy Spirit, Reading, Meditation, Prayer, Contemplation The Church has a long spiritual practice of reading Scripture slowly in a way that allows us to listen to a word or phrase that seems to â€˜speakâ€™. It is a personal way of listening to the Holy Spirit, and becoming spiritually attentive to the Word touching us inwardly. (TO)
8. Mary's Impact on Youth Today (2) - June 2019 Mission, Personal Faith Development, Marist Idendity Even though different cultures speak in different languages, there is still a universal language of connection that goes beyond words. This helps us to understand each other's personalities, and feelings. This can be challenging, but so rewarding if we allow ourselves to just 'connect' (TO)
9. Mary's Impact on Youth Today (1) - May 2019 Marist Life, Identity, Mission, Global family Marist Youth were invited to deepen their connection to the Marist identity through lenses of community, interiority, solidarity and mission. We, too, can weave our Marist identity and mission into our everyday life.
10. Being Made Welcome - April 2019 Virtues, Christian Life, Community When we are made welcome, we feel blessed and honoured. It is important that we are welcoming to visitors and to those in our church communities, without expecting to be 'repaid' (TO)